The roots of the company date back to 1912 when the late Mr Ivar Lundh joined Mr Johannes Dolk and started up the company as Dolk och Lundh.
The company contract was signed on the 12th of February 1912 and was made for a period of 3 years (maybe a sign that shipping already in those days was somewhat uncertain). The cooperation between Mr Ivar Lundh and Mr Johannes Dolk continued until 1922 where after the company was renamed Ivar Lundh. Mr Johannes Dolk was one of the founders and also the first Chairman of the Swedish Shipbrokers Association.
Ivar Lundh was renamed Ivar Lundh & Co. in 1933 when Mr Axel Lundh joined the company. Later on a third brother Mr Torsten Lundh also joined.
As from the 30ties and onwards also non-family members joined the staff and the name of the company was changed to its present name Ivar Lundh & Co AB on the 1st of January 1957.
The ownership of the company remained a Lundh family business until 1957 when also other dedicated members of the staff entered as share- holders.
Until 2004 the company was fully owned by employees and thereafter the majority of the shares were purchased by the Engco Invest AB group in Gävle, owned by Mr Torsten Engwall. At this point the last owning of the Lundh family also ended.
In 2012 the commercial management activities of Ivar Lundh & CO was separated into Swede Chem Tankers AB.